INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In operating our Website and to provide Services to you, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- “Personal Information” that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register for an account or make a purchase. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you. We may also request option information about your child, e.g. your child’s name, gender, and interests.
- “Non-Personal Information” that constitutes information we collect through the Website and Service that cannot be used to personally identify you. This includes aggregate, summary, or other anonymous data such as information on which types of operating systems are used by our Registered Users.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
In order to use some Services, you may be required to complete the registration form accessible on the Website. Anyone who registers is referred to as “Registered Users.” Some Services may not require registration. GummyBox collects and maintains a record of all Personal Information and Non-Personal Information provided through such registration.
For some Services, each Registered User may be provided a unique username and password that enable access to the Service. We may track the use of those usernames and passwords in order to collect and maintain records of individual transactions conducted through the Services by Registered Users.
We also collect and maintain records of information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example, we may ask you to participate in a survey, and may ask you to provide Personal Information. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. However, unless such information is necessary for the Service or required by the Terms and Conditions, we do not require you to provide such information to us.
The Website is not directed to children. To protect the privacy of children, we do not collect or maintain personal information from people we actually know are under 18. If we later learn that a user is under 18, we will remove that user’s personal information from our databases and prevent the user from utilizing the Website and Services.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a third party application, for example social media, we may collect information about you from that third party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. This information may include your name, your user name, location, sex, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to GummyBox and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
- Cookies: These are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
- Pixel Tags: These are pieces of code embedded on the website that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics: We use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to gather information about how users engage with our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
In general, these technologies are used to retain user preferences, store information for functions like the shopping cart, and provide anonymous tracking data to third-party applications like Google Analytics. To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.We may use first party or third party cookies and pixel tags to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt out of the technologies we use on our website, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information that we collect and store about you is primarily used to enable us to provide our Services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To tailored content, advertisements, and offers;
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service
Through our Services, GummyBox may allow third party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-GummyBox related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising. We may allow access to other data collected by the website to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt out of such sharing at no cost through your web browsers as they permit, and using the “unsubscribe” button in our e-mails to opt out of future e-mails.
We use Non-Personal Information in a variety of ways, including to evaluate the performance of the Website and Service, or to generate anonymous statistics for our benefit or for our business partners. Because Non-Personal Information is entirely anonymous and can never be used by us to identify you, this policy does not limit our ability to use or disclose Non-Personal Information. We may create Non-Personal Information records from Personal Information by excluding information that make the data personally identifiable to you.
If you do not want us to use the Personal Information collected about you in the manners identified in this Policy to communicate with you on necessary correspondences (for example, to fulfill a Service), you may not use the Website or any Service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
As a necessary part of providing Services, we may disclose information collected from you as described in this policy. For example, we may disclose certain Personal Information about you to our third-party service providers (e.g., our third party payment processors), so long as they are only using the Personal Information to provide services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- If another company acquires GummyBox, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Policy
- In limited circumstances, we may be legally required to disclose your information
- We may disclose your personal information to assist in fraud protection and/or minimize credit risk.
We do not maintain responsibility for the manner in which third parties use or further disclose Personal Information collected from you through the Site or Services, after we have disclosed that information to those third parties. However, we do require our third-party service providers to promise not to use such information, except as necessary to provide the relevant services to us.
The disclosures above are necessary if you wish to use this service. GummyBox may use and disclose Non-Personal Information without restriction. If you do not want us to make such disclosures, or to use Non-Personal Information without restriction, you must not use our service.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
CONTESTS AND OTHER PROMOTIONS
If you enter into a contest or promotion on our Website, we will collect the information you provide to participate in the contest or promotion. If you enter and win a contest or promotion from GummyBox, you consent to us publicly disclosing your name and the fact that you won the contest or promotion. We may disclose additional privacy terms with each contest and promotion. By entering such contest or other promotion, you expressly consent to such disclosures.
If you decide to invite a third party to create an account on gummybox.com, we will collect yours and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Registered Users may access their accounts at any time to update Personal Information. Subsequent uses or disclosures of information by us will reflect those changes, but we have no ability to update any information previously disclosed to any third party.
You may request for us to delete your Personal Information, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
Access to Personal Information is physically restricted within our own offices, so that only certain of our employees are granted access to information to perform specific tasks (e.g., customer service).
As stated in the Terms & Conditions, Registered Users are responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of passwords to any Services, and we bear no liability for access to, or use or disclosure of, Personal Information, if such access, use or disclosure arises in connection with the theft or disclosure (whether intentional or negligent) of a password.
We use information collected through the Website and Service to communicate with Registered Users from whom such information was collected in order to provide promotional materials about us. However, unlike communications, which are necessary to provide Services, promotional communications are optional, and we will refrain from sending such information to you if you inform us that you prefer not to receive them, as described further below.
You have the option to not receive certain information from us. If you receive our e-mails, you have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mail distribution list at any stage. Requests will be processed and fulfilled within 24 hours, and we will do everything reasonably possible to ensure that no further communications are sent to you, should you indicate that you do not wish to receive the specified communication or information. If you are a Registered User, by indicating your preferences in the online profile your create, you will be able to inform us whether you wish to receive certain optional communications from us. If you choose to receive information from us, it will be sent to the e-mail address on your account.
INFORMATION EXCHANGES AND TRANSACTIONS
We use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which is implemented throughout our application systems and networks. Information exchanges and transactions, including authentication, passwords and billing-related data between customers and GummyBox applications are strictly protected using this SSL technology. This ensures that your session is completely private and secure from both external systems and other customers using GummyBox.
Please be aware that although we endeavor to provide security for customer information in our possession and control, no security system can prevent against all potential security breaches, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of Personal Information or Non-Personal Information arising in connection with the theft thereof.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
EFFECTIVE DATE OF POLICY